The community was originally named Gate Creek, but this caused confusion with another community of “Gates Creek” in Washington County, so the town was renamed after the postmaster’s daughter, Vida Pepiot. The post office was established in 1898.
In addition to the post office, the town is now home of the Vida Market and gas station, CJ’s Riverside restaurant and tavern, Vida Cafe, and a hair salon.
- CategoryCommunity, McKenzie River, Vida
- By Jessy Webster
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org