Camp along the banks of the McKenzie River, shaded by a towering grove of Douglas-fir and western red cedar. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the McKenzie River as you watch boaters and rafters float by. The campground is small and pleasant, providing an ideal atmosphere for relaxation, fishing and bird watching. Feathered residents of the river include osprey, great blue herons and bald eagles.
McKenzie Bridge sits on the banks of the McKenzie River at an elevation of 1,200 feet. Rapids in various sections of the river are what make McKenzie one of Oregon’s most popular rivers for whitewater rafting.
McKenzie Bridge is part of the Willamette National Forest, which stretches for 110 miles along the western slopes of the Cascade Range.
At the campground, the river provides catch-and-release fishing for trout and steelhead. Kayaking and canoeing are also popular activities. A boat ramp is located on-site.
The McKenzie River National Recreation Trail begins nearby, offering fun-filled hiking and biking opportunities. The 26-mile trail boasts wonderful scenery along the river and is an easy hike for all ages.
Campsites are nicely spaced and all have riverfront access. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided. Parking areas are gravel surfaced.
LOCATION: McKenize Bridge Campground is located about 1 mile west of the town of McKenzie Bridge
ACCESS: From McKenzie Bridge, take Highway 126 east approximately 1 miles. Turn left at the McKenzie Bridge Campground. Follows signs to the campground.
ELEVATION: 1,000 feet
Overnight — 14 day limit
Late April (beginning of fishing season) — Mid-Late October (end of elk hunting season)
FEES (PER SITE PER NIGHT): YES
# OF SITES: 46 campsites including 27 walk-in / tent sites and 19 RV sites
FACILITIES: 2 vault toilets, piped water, dumpsters, garbage pick-up, tables, campfire rings, NO firewood
ACTIVITIES: camping, fishing, hiking, picnicking, boating (non-motorized), fishing
DESCRIPTION & ATTRACTIONS: Trail Bridge Lake offers fishing, swimming, motorized and non-motorized boating. Koosah and Sahalie Falls viewpoints with toilet and interpretive signs are up the McKenzie River Trail.
ACCESSIBLE SITE: 1 Seasonal restroom, paved access routes, fishing platform, tables.
MAXIMUM TRAILER LENGTH: 45 feet
Restaurants and the Tokatee Golf Course are within a few miles of the campground.
Activities and Amenities
|Within 10 Miles|
- No electric hookups at this facility
- This facility has first-come, first-served sites
- No fireworks, firearms or chainsaws allowed
- Limit two vehicles per campsite; a fee will be charged for additional vehicles
- Click here for more information on Willamette National Forest
- Don’t Move Firewood: Please protect Pacific Northwest forests by preventing the spread of invasive species. Firewood can carry insects and diseases that can threaten the health of our western forests. You can make a difference by obtaining and burning your firewood near your camping destination. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for further information.
- CategoryBlue River, Camping and RV Parks, McKenzie Bridge, McKenzie River
- LocationMcKenzie Bridge, McKenzie River
- By Chris LaVoie
- Phone: 541-822-6272
- Email: email@example.com